Ryobi tools

Pawn shops are only a rip off if you are foolish. The price on items is often arbitrary and meaningless. Offer less than you want to pay and work up from there. I recently bought a tool that was marked $350. I got it for $125 after starting at $80.

Reply to
salty

Don't even get me started on those damn things....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

The one comment I might add is beware their rebates. I got burned on one (yeah, I know, one is hardly a representative sampling) but this is the fault of an unethical rebate processing company, not Ryobi. Nevertheless - I'll never buy another Ryobi tool that has a rebate.

Reply to
Zootal

We have a couple of cheap guys that think a low price is a bargain. They drink cheap booze too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, they are. They are reasonably priced. They are serviceable. They have a decent warranty. They are made reasonably good. They just don't last as long as others under hard use. And, tool for tool may not have the additional bells and whistles of a similar tool from another manufacturer that costs more. That is my humble opinion after owning them. I have one of their table saws, a laser, a drill, and other "stuff". I would describe their stuff as "for light duty and occasional use."

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Lemme know if you find any deals on LARS Rockets. Maybe we can get a twofer.

Reply to
Red Green

Same deal. Radio Shack cell phone.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just gangsta c*ck a nine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
in2dadark

I send the rebate in 2-3 weeks before deadline. A couple months later the rebate company sends my rebate form back saying the rebate claim form arrived too late. Never mind that that postmark on the envelope clearly showed it arriving on time. I went to Home Depot and complained, and the lady there picked up the phone and called the rebate company asking wtf? They (home depot people) then made copies of everything and resubmitted the rebate for me. Home Depot gets an A+ for customer service, the rebate company should get fired. I figured they just randomly reject rebates, saying that they were late entries, and pocket the rebate money they should have paid out to the customer.

A couple of months later a get a rebate check for one dollar, not the entire rebate amount. At that point I give up, vowing never again to buy anything that has a rebate. It just isn't worth it.

Reply to
Zootal

in2dadark wrote in news:3e3e5cf2-e3eb-4966-8e2b- snipped-for-privacy@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Red Green

Quite frankly, my Harbor Freight drill outlasted the Ryobi by a longshot, and was cheaper.

Reply to
cjt

What rebate company (or what city and state)?

The rebate forums at Fatwallet.com ("Deal Discussion") and SlickDeals.net ("Rebate Tracking") have lots of information and tell what processing companies are good and bad and what to do when the company makes a mistake. Some of the people there are real experts who've made thousands of submissions (one person received over $1,000 in rebate checks in one day, none of them for a large amount). I wouldn't have given up but would have done a credit card chargeback (in writing, to the special address for billing errors) if neither Ryobi or Home Depot had come through (because court clerks tell people who file lawsuits to name as the plaintiff the seller that advertised the offer). It also doesn't hurt to file complaints at

larry moe 'n curly