Ryobi tools

Page 2 of 2

Red Green wrote:

Don't even get me started on those damn things....
Jon

Lemme know if you find any deals on LARS Rockets. Maybe we can get a twofer.
Just gangsta cock a nine.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:56:00 -0500, desgnr wrote:

I had their hammer drill and after using the hammer portion once the soft metal chuck lost it's grip and was essentially unusable. Otherwise, not bad for average home use. MUCH better than HF (my son's 18v wouldn't replace the outlets in one room without needing a charge). Rigid is a big step up. Or check out some pawn shops for some OLD Porter Cable, older Dewalt, Milwaukee, Hilti, etc., if on a budget. Just make sure you know the price of new. One pawn shop in town sells used at new or nearly new prices. A $250 scaffolding (those small yellow ones on wheels and fully adjustable) was priced at $299 and was in filthy shape. I've seen some at $150 on sale.

If you only used it once you should have returned it...I bought a brand new Baker for 200 bucks delivered....Pawn shops are a rip off...If you are gonna buy used you should buy directly from the owner...

Pawn shops are only a rip off if you are foolish. The price on items is often arbitrary and meaningless. Offer less than you want to pay and work up from there. I recently bought a tool that was marked $350. I got it for $125 after starting at $80.

The one comment I might add is beware their rebates. I got burned on one (yeah, I know, one is hardly a representative sampling) but this is the fault of an unethical rebate processing company, not Ryobi. Nevertheless - I'll never buy another Ryobi tool that has a rebate.
Same deal. Radio Shack cell phone.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Zootal wrote:

What rebate company (or what city and state)?
The rebate forums at Fatwallet.com ("Deal Discussion") and SlickDeals.net ("Rebate Tracking") have lots of information and tell what processing companies are good and bad and what to do when the company makes a mistake. Some of the people there are real experts who've made thousands of submissions (one person received over $1,000 in rebate checks in one day, none of them for a large amount). I wouldn't have given up but would have done a credit card chargeback (in writing, to the special address for billing errors) if neither Ryobi or Home Depot had come through (because court clerks tell people who file lawsuits to name as the plaintiff the seller that advertised the offer). It also doesn't hurt to file complaints at www.BBB.org.

Yes, they are. They are reasonably priced. They are serviceable. They have a decent warranty. They are made reasonably good. They just don't last as long as others under hard use. And, tool for tool may not have the additional bells and whistles of a similar tool from another manufacturer that costs more. That is my humble opinion after owning them. I have one of their table saws, a laser, a drill, and other "stuff". I would describe their stuff as "for light duty and occasional use."
Steve
How should we know. Why don't you pick up the phone and stop using google groups and find out. (just trying to fit in)..:0) How's that..? Am I cool now...oh. wait (here's more) I should have known, he's using a 'dell' computer...LOL...
desgnr wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/vauts.jpg