Ryobi Tools Web Site

I've been trying to get to

to register my new saw and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what might be going on?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
nr

Well, the front page loaded and appears to be the right site. But, the graphics are _HUGE_ and take forever...

The link at the bottom to the registration does appear to have a problem -- I'd suggest finding the contact info and sending complaint to web guru and see if get a response. I would assume there's a regular registration card w/ the tool???

BTW, warranties can't be revoked for lack of registration, but recalls, etc., are dependent on them...

hth...

Reply to
dpb

The site works fine for me using both IE and Firefox.

Reply to
Karl S

Works for me to with firefox and only a 38k bps connection. But it and its multiple overlaid pictures did take 2 minutes to load and I find it annoying how many sites are designed only for high speed.

Reply to
mm

Amen to that... :(

Did the link to "register" load? Here w/ dialup after some (unmeasured but long, I left it loading while ate lunch) time it was still simply spinning its wheels when returned...if it was still trying to download an image(s), that's totally unusable for anything except high speed.

Reply to
dpb

I still can't get the site to load, either with SeaMonkey (my preferred browser) or IE. I just did a tracert on it and got 'Unable to resolve target system name

I guess I'll have to contact my ISP.

Reply to
nr

The warranty registration link is here:

if your DNS is broken try:

https://65.74.148.167/pls/ps/ps.ps_main?p_host=329&p_supplier=5060&p_parm=PSR

Reply to
Clancy Wiggum

BTW, is it possible for someone's DNS to be broken when that of other people's works.

Does this go by user, ISP, or by the whole world? An honest question.

I have had times when I thought that might be the problem, but I really don't how it works.

Reply to
mm

Yes.. It's easily possible.

For the end-users (you and me) it's the ISP that maintains a local name server and they can break. The ISP gets it's data from root servers, they are trickled down (propagated).

You *don't* have to use your ISP's name server though. If you manually configure a name server in Window's "connection properties" you can enter any publicly available server. I sometimes use 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 to test if my ISP's is broken or not. There are some public servers listed here:

Clancy Wiggum

Thanks for the server information. I was able to get to the site using it's IP address, so I called my ISP and the tech had me change the preferred DNS server address to 4.2.2.1 and the URL then worked.

I then went to register the product and it didn't even require the serial number, so I don't really see the value in filling out their form..

Reply to
nr

You're welcome. I suspected that was the case.

Yeah.. Pretty useless. If the tool breaks just take it back to Homer D. Poe.

Reply to
Clancy Wiggum

Thanks from me too.

Reply to