Rusted Drain Clean Out Fitting

The steel (iron?) fitting that passes through the basement slab and caps off the vertical run of the 4" clay drain clean out has deteriorated into a mass of rust. The surrounding concrete has crumbled around the opening to about a 6-8" diameter hole. The end of the clay riser is about 5" below the surface of the slab, and in good shape with square edges, no cracks, etc. The vertical is clear all the way down to the horizontal run.
I've cleaned out the debris and covered the opening temporarily. Is there any alternative to making the existing hole wide and deep enough to get a rubber sleeve connection on the clay pipe?
I'm pretty tempted to just drop a piece of 4" ABS into the hole (ie a butt joint to the clay) and back fill with concrete patch.
Thanks, Chris
I think putting abs in the pipe and cementing it in should work. Otherwise you will have to dig it all out. I probably would do the ABS in the pipe trick. I own a plumbing company and I couldn't do that for a customer but on my own house I would do it. Phil

That's exactly how i would do it. No need to get fancy.

Chris wrote: ...

Ideal would be able to slip the ABS into the clay as danville suggests rather than having a butt joint that really isn't sealed.
If forced to the latter, I'd put a heavy bead of silicone caulk to make a seal between the two ends and try to put a wrap around the clay section and the joint before the backfilling so that down the road if a repair were needed the clay wouldn't be directly in contact w/ the concrete.

I like that idea. Reversible is better than irreversible.
Thanks for the help, Chris