rust treatment

Many years ago I had good luck repainting rusty metal using naval jelly, then primer, then enamel. Eight years ago I had good luck with POR 15, but it was expenive.
I've read that Zero Rust is a cheaper paint and does a very good job.
I've also read that Picklex 20 is an excellent way to prepare a rusty surface for painting. I've found only one source, which charges $31.50 a pint plus shipping.
Are Picklex 20 and Zero Rust the best ways to repaint rusty iron? Who sells them?
Choreboy wrote:

Both are indeed specialty items and won't be found at your common suppliers. Maybe but doubtful, at a paint store that specializes in auto body paints and/ or restoration materials.
Zero Rust is available from JC Whitney.
Picklex20 may only be available online http://tinyurl.com/82cuo
However you can email them and ask. http://www.picklex20.com/contact1.htm
Rustoleum also sells Rust Reformer for $8 a pint at any store that sells rustoleum products

"Extend" is great, and I'v e used it for year; buy mine at a NAPA store or a big-orange when we travel south. Available as spray or in cans, forget cost, but not real expensive. It chemically modifies the rust to become a coating which can then be top coated. You have to remove all loose/scaling first of course.
HTH
Pop