Rotten Floor's and abestos siding

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

No such requirement for a homeowner. Source - someone who is certified as a supervisor for asbestos removal. Federal regs allow a homeowner to remove asbestos on their own home.
As many have said, asbestos siding is a rather limited hazard.
On 2/25/2011 11:48 AM, Harry K wrote:

1978. as a landlord, i must present each new tenant with a pamphlet explaining not to chew on the woodwork. And have them sign a form that they have received the pamphlet.
--
Steve Barker

There was a case a few years ago where a toddler died from chewing the paint. Landlord had a signed form...unfortunately they proved that he had forged the signature...
Harry K

When I removed it from my grandparents home there was no problem.Its not something you want to rip down with a crowbar but its not a major HAZMAT problem like asbetos insulation either. All I had to do was keep it wet while removing it preferably in whole pieces and box it up. I took it to the landfill and let them know what I had. Dont know what they did with it.
Jimmie