Roofing Cement or Construction Adhesive for Lifted Shingle?

It's been my observation that roofing cement doesn't have much adhesive quality at least for awhile after application. I need to cement down a tab where the tab is bent upward slightly and would like to avoid having to put pressure on it longer than necessary. Is construction adhesive better in this application? Thanks very much. Frank

I would say it is a toss-up. Whatever you do, can't you put a brick on the lower edge of the tab and leave it there for at least a couple of days??
I think the roof angle would make that iffy, but it's easy enough to check. Certainly a good idea if there's nothing simpler. Thanks!
On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 15:06:33 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

On 9/4/2010 7:17 PM, frank1492 wrote:

two bricks, then, with however many feet of strong twine tied between them so that you can put the other brick past the peak of the roof?
--
aem sends...

hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote the following:

...or years, in the case of those looking for a one time fix.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY