roof crevice sealant

Have bad wasp problem - no joke. Nesting inside gaps where roof meets a vertical surface. Nests are inside and scattered so can't spray. Treating attic does not work. Any suggestions on how to kill/control them?
I have probably 6 - 8 protected nests, gets worse each year.
Chris Carruth wrote:

My problem is yellow jackets and I've had to caulk with silicone around light fixtures where they get in wall. If I can, I spray nests directly with the long distance cans of wasp spray. Not all nests are used year after year and you can usually safely remove in winter if it gets cold where you live.