resurfacing pool

Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a pool? I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint. Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have to sand blast off the coating?

I'm no expert but I *would not* plaster over paint. To actually resurface the pool you'd have to take the old plaster finish off and re-plaster with a finish coat. It's a very expensive labor intensive process. That's why so many people go for painting concrete pools instead.
At least that's the way I understand it.
Olddog

Why do you want to re-surface it? If the pool comes to the surface it won't hold water and you can't swim. Leave it sunk.

Yea they dont look good on the surface and leak more, and think about your insurance and drunks falling off it.
Deodiaus wrote:

pool I've seen redone includes chipping out the old plaster and re-plastering. Most use those small electric chipping hammers. This is a nasty job and usually takes some time to complete.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"