restoring easy glide to vinyl windows

What's the best way to restore easy glide operation to ten year old vinyl windows that have become diffucult to open and close?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

On some you have no choice but to replace the pivot blocks or glide blocks. If the plastic they are made of has swelled frop atmospheric polution (or being sprayed with WD40) you have little choice.

I've replaced a few in my day. Not fun.

Reply to
clare

"Christopher Glaeser" wrote in news:u6idnWurMbmBvFDXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

"An occasional light coat of Silicone Spray lubricant on the track of the sliding window will help to ease the operation of your window without leaving an oily residue, which can collect more abrasive elements."

Reply to
Screed

Be very sparing when you apply the silicone - I sprayed it on the tracks = of my vinyl windows once and the darn windows would never stay up! Now I =

*lightly* spray the silicone on a rag and wipe the tracks with the rag.
Reply to
Jean

Has the house settled

Reply to
ransley

Be very sparing when you apply the silicone - I sprayed it on the tracks of my vinyl windows once and the darn windows would never stay up!

Oh, I should have mentioned, my windows slide side-to-side.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser