Replacing stairwell carpeting

I am ready to replace the basement stairwell carpeting. It is "currently" a rubber backed "indoor-outdoor" variety. Any advice/hints on where to find a similar replacement? My one trip to a local carpet store revealed they no longer stock rubber backed carpeting.

How to attach?

thanks!

Reply to
mcfriendly

We just had this done to cement basement steps.

Same here about the indoor-outdoor. We used 'office grade' carpet instead. So far it's pretty nice.

We had the store do it. They installed tack strips to the cement with nails, glued down the pads, stretched the carpet onto the tack strips.

Use NON-FLAMMABLE carpet glue.

Flammable glue and pilot lights don't get along well.

Reply to
Dan Espen