Stairwell structure

Hi

I need to find out what the regs say about stairwell headroom - where would I find this stuff?

Also need to know what weight a 100yr old 11ft long 6x2 will happily take, distributed. I have seen siets the pros use, but couldnt make head or tail of the terminology. I dont know what species of wood it is, and presumably its ungraded. Its part of a floor structure.

Basically I have a structure I need to check out to make sure its safe.

Thanks, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I asked this question a few weeks ago - answer here:-

John Rumm