Replacing Galvinized Pipes with C-PVC Pipe?

Hmmm, You can rent crimping tool from Lowe or HD at reasonale cost.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hint #2: Forget the pipe insulation with glued edges, yak, yak, yak. Find a toy called "Pool Noodle" at Walmart.

Reply to
HeyBub

My House is nearly 30 years old, the cpvc has been fine so far.

Reply to
Chris Hill

If you go with PEX be sure to have your plumber do a home run (also know as the "star" configuration) from your source, for each fixture with no "TEEs" inside the walls. The old way of "daisy-chaining" leaves too many fittings inside the walls and can reduce pressure when multiple fixtures are using water at the same time.

Reply to
EXT

Check out Angies List and see for yourself.

Butt crack? he said it was $5.00 extra to display buttcrack.

Reply to
Tom

Sounds good to me.

Reply to
Tom

The basement, including bathroom, is all copper. After the upstairs bathroom is finished the only galvinized is going to the kitchen, which I'll take care of later.

Reply to
Tom

Cpvc is supposed to be good stuff. Pex appears to be the wave of the future, though. Pex doesn't burst if it freezes, I'm told.

He's right, copper is too expensive.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon