Replacing bath vanity

A leaky toilet resulted in some mold on the vanity and I have elected to build a replacement. I want to reuse the one-piece faux stone top/sink. But in order to remove the top, I need to remove a matching faux stone

4 inch wide backsplash.

Any idea of what was used to affix the backsplash to the walls and how I might go about removing it without damaging the wall?

TIA

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

If it was formica, I suspect it was glued to the wall with silicone or panel adhesive. If you are having a new backsplash it should be able to cover damage incurred in the removal and possible patching. If it was cultured marble, the same rules apply.

YOu might also try to get a thin braided wire (picture hanging wire) with a wood handle at each end started in the space between the wall and the backsplash. Saw the wire back and forth or up and down to cut through the glue.

Reply to
DanG

It is probably fastened with sometype of caulk/mastic. You may be able to remove it in the same manner as mirrors...thin braided wire with a handle at each end, work it behind and saw back and forth.

Reply to
dadiOH