Replacement Windows

I'm interested in replacing windows in my house. The exterior is stucco. Can anyone point me to documentation that would outline the process to remove the old windows and replace with new?

Reply to
David Glass

Don't know what kind of windows you'll be using, but I recently replaced my old windows with sunrise insulated vinyl windows. They came and measured each old window, and then each window was custom made for that particular space. This is a stucco house, and they removed the old windows from the outside. As soon as an old window was removed, the space was cleaned up and the new window was installed. They used long screws (top and bottom) on each window side and sealed everything with silicone chalk. I don't know if there is any documentation that outlines the process on their web site

but it would be worth glance. The crew (about 8 guys) replaced 24 windows and did it in one day ( a long day, at that).

Reply to
Tee

8 man crew, 24 windows, 1 day: Average 3 windows per day per person.

That makes me feel pretty good! When I did my own windows, I was able to do 2 a day, including cleanup. That's working alone and figuring out most of the stuff as I went along. If I can do 2 a day and an experienced crew can average 3, I'm pretty satisfied with myself.

Reply to
DerbyDad03