Replacement knob for hassock fan?

I have an older Sears hassock fan that I have been saving, and now would like to use in my new sun room. The problem is that the control knob has been lost. The stem has two flat sides and a groove through the end, and so far the only replacement knob I've been able to find at a local electronics store is for round stems.
This is probably a long shot, but any ideas on where to find a replacement knob? I know I could probably use pliers to turn it on, but I'd rather have a more reliable method. (Visions of something getting sucked into the fan and wanting to turn it off in a hurry!) I'm hoping maybe I'll be lucky and this is some sort of a standard type of knob.
Fan looks like this - http://www.electricsuppliesonline.com/airki9112haf.html Knob (well, the stem part) looks like this - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v704/lurkerlee/?action=view&current n_knob.jpg (sorry, I haven't figured out closeups with that camera and my kid brother has already fussed at me about it).

Here is what I have done in similar situations: I got some Fimo or Sculpty clay and made a knob shape and carefully molded it around the bare stem of the switch. I removed the clay, baked it in the oven as per manufacturer's instructions. Let it cool and used a drop of glue to attach it permanently to the switch stem. Fimo & Sculpty are available from any full line crafts store, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann online I believe.
The putty like epoxy that the guy on TV screams about would do the same thing, minus the baking....look in marine dept of Wal-Mart or hardware stores for same product. Lundy http://www.ConcreteCottage.com <a href="http://www.concretecottage.com ">Modular Concrete Classic Architecture</a>
Lee wrote:

on google for THINGS!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
evodawg wrote:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v704/lurkerlee/?action=view&current n_knob.jpg
I tried that before asking (that's how I found the photo of the look-alike fan). I found links to stove knobs and dimmer controls, but couldn't find anything that looked like what I remember the knob looking like. After discovering that the ones in the electronic store wouldn't fit this shape of stem thingie, I thought perhaps it was a particular style of knob or maybe there was some particular wording that might yield a better result.