Repairing a cheese knife

Sounds like someone I'd like to know.......I cannot stand helplessness (genetic trait). When my mom was terminally ill and I was taking care, she told me that I was missing a word from my vocabulary. She was a stickler for using good grammar (and holding my stomach in), so I did a replay of what I had just said in conversation....didn't remember any bad grammar, so I asked what word was missing....."can't". Still seeking perfection. Locked myself out of the house last night, forgot to put the pot in place when I turned on the coffee maker this morning. Sad to see 12 cups of java flowing across the kitchen floor, but it was time for a mopping :o)
I am completely mystified by cars, afraid to over-inflate tires, and not about to carry a can of gas in the car. OTOH, I think I saved my daughter's boyfriend from being crushed by his Jeep while changing a tire.....had it jacked up with jack sitting on dirt. "Hey, Jason, isn't the ground kind of soft for a jack? Can you put the jack on concrete?" Sure. Done. Few minutes later, "Hey, Jason, I wouldn't lie under the car while it's on the jack." Oh, hey, good thinking. He was done changing the tire anyway. He no sooner stood up and turned around than the damn car fell off the jack. My heart can't take that kind of stuff!!
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:28:02 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Unless you are the thing they are trying to fix, I presume...

But not to any of your not-grownup girlfriends?

She's an amateur. I have a real workbench in the garage.
On 6/12/2013 7:36 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

The baby daughter of my late friend GB is about to turn 30. I've know her since she was a little girl. She Emailed pictures of her two daughters, one about four and the other going on one. Those are some of my girlfriends. Of course there are filthy minded nasty people who automatically assume there is some prevision going on when I tell of my tiny girlfriends. ^_^

So my gal pal is an amateur because she had no garage with a workbench. Nice to know how little you think of her. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:51:33 -0500, The Daring Dufas

It was a joke. Sorry. Usually people with sharp tongues have thicker skins or better senses of humor or both -- or at least they ought to. ;-)

ut is

end of

ue is

t.

ople

d dig

would

he

will

th

de

rough

could

de of

nife

lade

ce

t in

tch.

de

" at

ble

Perfect response to athe daring dufuss. he should know better, especially since you have posted here before and show a remarkable ability to describe whatever it is you're asking about. I almost said "ability for a woman" but decided I didn't want my head handed to me so I didn't<g>.
On 6/12/2013 4:56 PM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I have extremely thick skin and love to use reverse psychology to play with people's minds. You didn't offend me or hurt my feelings, I was playing you. I deal with dirty minded people all the time, half my relatives are Southern Baptist and see sin everywhere whether it exists or not. My favorite encounter was when me and JH were repairing a network for a retailer when I discovered a trojan horse virus infection in one of the office computers. Without thinking I told the gal who's computer was affected by the virus that her computer had a trojan on it. The nice lady ran to her boss and told him we were being vulgar to her and talking sex. She was the type who gets offended when I say "hello" because "Hell" is a swear word and "O" is a sexual reference. Someone should slap their ministers for screaming at them that there is sin hiding behind every tree and bush just waiting to jump out and get them. O_o
TDD
On 6/11/2013 1:55 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I would use clear silicone caulk....easy to apply not visible once it sets.

According to nestork, if the silicone fails; you cannot add to it. The follow-on caulking won't stick. Which implies, you only have one shot at the repair.
On 6/11/2013 8:04 AM, Robert Macy wrote: ...

That's on top of existing; you can always remove the old back to original surfaces and reclean and go again...

When I go to that link, all I get are three little blank squares and am told 'done on page' with no more bit transfers.
There is a place to click that says 'download', but nothing happens when clicking there and a place to click to sign up for dropbox, and a place to click to 'sign in', but no pictures.
On 06/11/2013 06:12 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

The three little squares are thumbnails on my end, and clicking one of them opens up a full image (with cursor keys navigating between the images).
Try one of the images and see if it works:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldq4hm5z55ggc2o/cPFXotL_l4#f:3%20Glue%20residue%2C%20annotated.jpg
Jon Technical Department, alt.home.repair Extension 750

hm5z55ggc2o/cPFXotL_l4#f:3%20Glue%20re...

no, that link gets me the EXACT same blank thumbnails as before on this system.
Using Opera 9.64 on Win98, which gets most every website does NOT work at Dropbox - lazy programmers.
Using IE 8 on WinXP does get thumbnail pictures.takes hours, but pictures eventually appear.
On 6/11/2013 8:12 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

You should always have at least two different web browsers on your computer. I do a lot of experimenting so I have ten different ones. ^_^
TDD
Jennifer Murphy wrote:

2 part epoxy.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'd use cyanoacrylate (Super Glue) and not clean anything out. It's less viscous and will penetrate fine cracks much better and give better bonding.

I would go with my favorite, if the clear epoxy does not work, Plumbers Goop. It would take several days to fully set up.
Greg
On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:55:23 -0700, Jennifer Murphy

The cheese knife is all fixed. I uploaded several photos of the result.
Thanks to all who helped.