Repairing a cheese knife

;-)

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

I'd use cyanoacrylate (Super Glue) and not clean anything out. It's less viscous and will penetrate fine cracks much better and give better bonding.

Reply to
Denis G.

It's pretty easy to tell if something is glass or plastic. You can tap it against your teeth and tell right away if it is glass or plastic, or you can press a razor knife into an inconspicuous area and see if it leaves a divot.

From your pictures, it "looks" like glass, but try the tooth test and see what you think.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I would go with my favorite, if the clear epoxy does not work, Plumbers Goop. It would take several days to fully set up.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It's very hard. I think it's glass.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

All men are pigs but fart jokes are just as funny to an eight year old as they are to an eighty year old. In some respects, we male humans never grow up. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I adore my lady friends who can fix things. I loaned tools and heat shrink to one of my grownup girlfriends so she could rewire the fuel injection on the cylinder head off her Z-car. She used the kitchen table for a workbench. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You should always have at least two different web browsers on your computer. I do a lot of experimenting so I have ten different ones. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sounds like someone I'd like to know.......I cannot stand helplessness (genetic trait). When my mom was terminally ill and I was taking care, she told me that I was missing a word from my vocabulary. She was a stickler for using good grammar (and holding my stomach in), so I did a replay of what I had just said in conversation....didn't remember any bad grammar, so I asked what word was missing....."can't". Still seeking perfection. Locked myself out of the house last night, forgot to put the pot in place when I turned on the coffee maker this morning. Sad to see 12 cups of java flowing across the kitchen floor, but it was time for a mopping :o)

I am completely mystified by cars, afraid to over-inflate tires, and not about to carry a can of gas in the car. OTOH, I think I saved my daughter's boyfriend from being crushed by his Jeep while changing a tire.....had it jacked up with jack sitting on dirt. "Hey, Jason, isn't the ground kind of soft for a jack? Can you put the jack on concrete?" Sure. Done. Few minutes later, "Hey, Jason, I wouldn't lie under the car while it's on the jack." Oh, hey, good thinking. He was done changing the tire anyway. He no sooner stood up and turned around than the damn car fell off the jack. My heart can't take that kind of stuff!!

Reply to
Norminn

I don't agree with that. Many men are very nice people and some women are not very nice at all. Anyway, this was more of a pun, than an adolescent fart joke.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

Unless you are the thing they are trying to fix, I presume...

But not to any of your not-grownup girlfriends?

She's an amateur. I have a real workbench in the garage.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

no, that link gets me the EXACT same blank thumbnails as before on this system.

Using Opera 9.64 on Win98, which gets most every website does NOT work at Dropbox - lazy programmers.

Using IE 8 on WinXP does get thumbnail pictures.takes hours, but pictures eventually appear.

Reply to
Robert Macy

The cheese knife is all fixed. I uploaded several photos of the result.

Thanks to all who helped.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

The baby daughter of my late friend GB is about to turn 30. I've know her since she was a little girl. She Emailed pictures of her two daughters, one about four and the other going on one. Those are some of my girlfriends. Of course there are filthy minded nasty people who automatically assume there is some prevision going on when I tell of my tiny girlfriends. ^_^

So my gal pal is an amateur because she had no garage with a workbench. Nice to know how little you think of her. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It was a joke. Sorry. Usually people with sharp tongues have thicker skins or better senses of humor or both -- or at least they ought to. ;-)

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

Perfect response to athe daring dufuss. he should know better, especially since you have posted here before and show a remarkable ability to describe whatever it is you're asking about. I almost said "ability for a woman" but decided I didn't want my head handed to me so I didn't.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I have extremely thick skin and love to use reverse psychology to play with people's minds. You didn't offend me or hurt my feelings, I was playing you. I deal with dirty minded people all the time, half my relatives are Southern Baptist and see sin everywhere whether it exists or not. My favorite encounter was when me and JH were repairing a network for a retailer when I discovered a trojan horse virus infection in one of the office computers. Without thinking I told the gal who's computer was affected by the virus that her computer had a trojan on it. The nice lady ran to her boss and told him we were being vulgar to her and talking sex. She was the type who gets offended when I say "hello" because "Hell" is a swear word and "O" is a sexual reference. Someone should slap their ministers for screaming at them that there is sin hiding behind every tree and bush just waiting to jump out and get them. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas