Repair scratch in prefinished wood floor

I have a scratch in my wood floor (bamboo) I would like to try and fix. I just want to try and make it less noticeable. It seems to be just through the eurethane and not into the wood. It's basically a white line. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks....Chris

Get a stain that is close to the flooring and just wipe it in the scratch. There are some stain sticks for touchups that may do the trick too.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

patching scratches. Would probably work fine - get the big box so's you get a better color match. Polish with soft cloth. :o)

I have used shoe polish with 'good enough for that spot' results. Tomes
someday all those prefinished floors are going to be a big expense, things are bound to occur:(

But why would they be any worse than a standard wood floor? They can be sanded and refinished using the newer orbital sanders but I don't see my floors needing that for 15 years and then I won't care.

if it's only through the urethane, then you may be able to just buff it out. that works on scratches on car finishes that are only through the clearcoat.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:34:36 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

If it's finished with polyurethane, the scratches go away without doing anything.
Others would know more, but I think polyurethan is much different from auto clear coat. Polyurethane seems to remain a very very very viscous liquid, whereas clear coat is I think hard.
It's hard to believe that I can't fix this even a bit. I did some testing on some spare wood I have. It really seems that the scratches are so shallow that the stain sticks and urethane with a little paint brush do not even make a different. I know that because if I make a slightly deeper scratch, both methods seem to have some effect. So, my scratches are pretty much on the surface. I can't believe that I can't get these out by buffing or something.