Can I seal prefinished floor?

I will be putting down some Bruce pre-finished engineerinf flooring. I plan on nailing/stapling this in.

When I am all done, can I scuff the floor and apply a finish? Poly or water is compatible?

I am worried about water damage on the edges of the wood

Reply to
hombrewdude

Um - No. The finishes on these are better than anything you could apply in the field. For the glue together floating type there is a bit of squeeze out that seals the edges.

I suppose you could sand and traditionally finish but then why buy pre-finished. You eother do it in a traditional way: install, sand finish. Or use pre-finished.

Good luck.

Reply to
No

Sure, but your finish is not as good as the factory finish.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Talk to Bruce some factory finishes have formulas that dont allow most products to bond.

Reply to
m Ransley