removing wallpaper glue

I have a heavy coat of what appears to be left over sanatist glue or something on my bathroom wall. How do I remove it?
mo wrote:

First try white vinegar in warm water, rubbing GENTLY with a nylon mesh pad (something like a Dobie). If you're going to paint, clean with TSP after you've gotten the glue off.

Wet it with a sprayer. Let it set for about five minutes. Wipe with a terry cloth. Look at an angle to see if you have gotten it all. Don't soak, or you will take the paper off, too. Slow and easy gets it. A PITA, though.
Steve

^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with the other poster, those plastic scouring pads can't be beat for getting rid of glue.
writes:

Yes, they are. Whatever you use, though, stop when you get to the paper.
Steve
Everything I have seen written above looks good. I would add that after doing that I used a cleaning product called "Awesome" that you can get at the dollar store to get the rest. That and hot water works better.
And I have plaster walls so it was probably much easier for me to remove the wallpaper though.
What is TSP? Thanks.

Connie Swisher wrote:

Trisodium phosphate. The paint store where I worked recommended that it be used before painting when the walls could be greasy (like in a kitchen), or when wallpaper had been removed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisodium_phosphate