Removing Carrier outside panels

Page 2 of 4

snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com wrote:

And probably 1 out of 10 times that I clean a coil and the HO is standing there they'll ask "Is it ok to get water on that motor?" Duh, here's your sign :)

Yep.
hvacrmedic

This is Turtle.
yes what you say is very true about 98% of the time but Carrier [ and maybe some other brands but can't remember ] on some models some time back did still have open face motors with a over sized cup down on side rain shield on it. If you paint the picture to wash them as you please on all , well these 2% open face motors are going to come back and haunt you. be sure to not let the wide paint brush cover these old type open face motors with big cups water shields on them.
And yes I bought a fan motor one time by washing a carrier condenser while running. i did not look to see if it was a totally sealed motor. Bought Lessons are much better that Schooled lessons.
And Yes i guessed at the % of the motors.
TURTLE

The fins are in good shape (not bent), but about 30% of the surface area is clogged with what appears to be something similar to dryer lint. Very fibrous.

Speaking of horizontal hosing...
I dated this girl in school once........
How about just remove every screw or nut you can find?
Yeah, the fan't not atached to the top. Remove those first, and don't pay any mind to the clang noise, or the hissing that follows.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/misc.fcgi?action=invitePickup&uri=album/398461006gSRGXc
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep I was wrong on the models include in the Carrier manual someone pointed to. The motor is not attached to the top on my model which is completely round and a 1983 model.
Dear Doug, Most of the fellows on this group are HVAC employess or shop owners. Asking us for a "free how to do it" is like walking in to a restaurant with two slices of bread and two eggs. and asking for a free breakfast. YOu're not likely to get much cooperaion on this list, and will likely get some implolite folks.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/misc.fcgi?action=invitePickup&uri=album/398461006gSRGXc
Doug Kanter wrote:

Are you all not part of the same Gypsy clan?

so
due
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/misc.fcgi?action=invitePickup&uri=albu m/398461006gSRGXc
message

Uh oh. He's really gonna be upset when he finds out I installed my own dishwasher.
I would be glad to help by walking you through it since I am retired and don't need your business. :) I can't get the pictures to come up so I don't know which model you have. This newsgroup is a joke when it comes to helping out anyone.
Doug Kanter wrote:

don't need your business.

alt.home.repair is for getting Home repairs not alt.hvac. The only reason your getting the bad responses is because you're cross posting. AHR will not get you flamed unless you ask for it..

There are two ways of putting messages in more than one newsgroup. One's obnoxious. One's not. I did it in the way that's NOT obnoxious. Thanks for the input, and have a nice day.

Yes we are clueless..... as to the OPs abilities, capabilities, tools, common sense, etc. Its not a matter of the OP being a prospective customer, it is a matter of not encouraging somebody to become the latest Darwin Award nominee. If you can tell from a few words posted on the internet that the OP can handle it, and your willing to take the risk of the liability, then knock yourself out.

Then why aren't you laughing?
It's a 38TK018300 Serial #: 0389E19460

If that is the case, they are very narrow minded. Why do some of the top chefs and restaurant owners give away recipes and do cooking demonstrations for free?
I don't want to deny you making a good living, but are you losing money if I do a repair with your help? Will you come to my house and do it at your normal price? Of course not, it would be impractical.
Of course, most the guys on alt.hvac are a bunch of closed minded idiots anyway that have great disdain for homeowners. I'd never let any of them work on my system as their ego would get in the way of doing a good job.