Removing carriage bolts from wood

Page 2 of 2

then you could use a small cold chisel to cut/split the nut off the bolt.
I also suggest some PB Blaster penetrating oil to help loosen the nut.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
replying to Jim Yanik, Tricko wrote:

The easiest and most effective way I have found is to use a dremel and a cutting disc to cut a slot in the head of the carriage bolt then use a flat-head screwdriver to hold it from spinning. Takes 20 seconds and works perfectly.