Removing carriage bolts from wood

Did that just yesterday while dismantling an old tent trailer. I use a GIANT Dremel tool (Rotozip) with a 1 1/4" cutoff wheel to cut the slot

Reply to
Rudy

The easiest and most effective way I have found is to use a dremel and a cutting disc to cut a slot in the head of the carriage bolt then use a flat-head screwdriver to hold it from spinning. Takes 20 seconds and works perfectly.

Reply to
Tricko

replying to Pete C., PaintyLiz wrote: I doubt that this will reach you, but thank you so much for your answer about how to remove a carriage Bolt from wood. I am faced with that problem and I got all but one out. I will go try cutting a slot in the top what a great idea!!

Reply to
PaintyLiz