Removing adhesive?

I have a section of wood in my home onto which the previous owner glued some old carpet that has some kind of foam padding attached. I removed most of the material, but am left with the adhesive and patches of the foam padding.
How can I remove all this junk on top of the wood, so that I can refinish the wood?
--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave

laquer thinner or a product that uses orange oil, d-solvs-it or another adhesive remover
--
George Fahrlender
On-Location Services