remove little spatters of paint?

The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I just want to clean the little specks.
Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail
-> The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little -> specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had -> it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I -> just want to clean the little specks. -> -> Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail
Too many to use a fingernail? The little drops will usually come off very easily, but the only way I know of to get them off without messing up the wood floor is one drop/speck at a time.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Suzie-Q wrote:

My opinion, too, but I was too chicken to be the first to suggest it. A plastic scrubber might do the trick with light scrubbing, cool water and mild detergent. Dry right away and don't saturate the wood. A plastic scraper or even a teflon spatula might do the trick.
Norminn wrote:
<snipped>

A credit card works well for that kind of scraping. I keep a few of those sample cards which come in the mail every week with offers from banks.
They make good non scratching "pot scrapers" too. I keep one sitting next to the kitchen sink for that purpose.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
If the paint is latex, Goof-Off will remove it easily. BUT and it is a big but, it may also attack or remove the finish on the floor. If you don't succeed with mechanical removal and want to try chemical, try a little test in a place that won't show.
Charlie

Vinegar disolves latex paint.
Try steel wool, which won't scratch if you don't use it too hard.

Will it dissolve latex paint on cap (fabric) too? How about a BIG spatters on cement floor (I goof and spill all over my front driveway)?
Thanks
about the driveway. doh... you could paint the rest of the drive way :)
I would try a pressure washer.

I've been waiting years to hear the little spatters of paint on the kitchen floor, and now you want to get rid of them!
Thats the last straw, Gail.
I'm filing for divorce.