remove carpet glue

I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any suggestions?
I'd guess that depends on what you're putting down in place of the carpet. Do you need bare concrete or just something smooth enough for new carpet / laminate?
-rev
I recently took up the file in a room that I plan on carpeting. If I repair the concrete that was damaged with some holes, can I just put the carpeting right over it or should I take up the glue that held on the tiles also?
I recently took up the file in a room that I plan on carpeting. If I repair the concrete that was damaged with some holes, can I just put the carpeting right over it or should I take up the glue that held on the tiles also?
From concrete, use a solvent. Many might work, I'll leave it to you to find a reasonably priced product that is not too volitile. Some paint stippers might work.
If the concrete was very smooth and well sealed, you might do it with a heat gun and a sharp scraper

You might be able to scrap it up with a floor scraper. It is like a paint scraper but bigger and has replacible razor blade tip. Becareful, sharp.
Example: http://www.urlbee.com?2449
hth,
tom