Remodeling bathroom, which order to install things?

I have torn my bathroom down to the joists and subfloor. Which order is SOP for installing tub, tile walls and tile floor?

I'd like to do the tile wall first, but something tells me that the tub should go in prior so I can install the wall backerboard and tile so it doesn't rest on the edge of the tub. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Reply to
Miki

Tile Council of America web site has installation instructions. Pay close attention to the shape of your tub edge where itis to meet the wall. TB

Reply to
tbasc

tub. tile walls. tile floor. install cabinets/toilet.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

First you should do all your rough ins ( electric, plumbing and ventalation). Then install your tub, flooloed by tile backer board on the floor and walls. Dont forget that most backer boards require some sort or water proof membrane behind the board if it is used in an area that will be subjecyt to a lot of water. Seal all joints as per manufatures instructions. Then I usually do the floor tile first, then the walls. If you are going to install any thing on the walls like grab bars or towel holders dont forget to add blocking before the backer board goes up. I hope this helps you.

Reply to
PAUL100