refrigerator: compressor noise

A couple of months ago, we bought a Whirlpool top-freezer 'fridge. Recently, it's developed a vibration noise, when the compressor is running. It's not OMG-loud or anything, but it's quite noticeable, enough to easily hear in other rooms.

I can stop the noise, by pressing (not very hard) on the compressor, or even on its mounts. The mounting bolts aren't loose. The compressor doesn't feel particularly hot.

Is this something to worry about? Is there a simple fix for it?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

It's probably not the compressor but something else "loose" or resting against another part and making that noise.

Try touching/pushing other things to see if you can find it.

Best to use a dry wooden stick to press with, just to make sure your skin doesn't contact an exposed electrical terminal.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

If you bought it a couple of months ago it should be under warranty...Call the store where you bought it and tell them to send somebody to look at it and fix it....

Reply to
benick