Reflective Paint

Hello,

Does reflective paint really work for keeping inside temps down in the summer?

I own a townhouse in a 20-unit complex in Campbell, CA and we are thinking of getting the roof done with this reflective paint in order to keep the units cooler during summer. They are 3-story units, so the top level gets really warm on even middling-hot summer days (say, 85 degrees).

The property manager has a quote from a contractor for $12K to do the whole place, but I'm wondering if the cost is really worth it, considering we live in a fairly mild climate.

Thanks for any information. Bill Forsythe

Reply to
Bill Forsythe

What color is the roof now? Ask about the reflectivity of it vs the proposed paint...any paint or color (white, eg) that reflects more light will also reflect more heat. A good white will reflect around

90% vs black at maybe 5% or less.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH