Solar Reflective Paint for asphalt flat roof

Hi

Our large extension has an asphalt flat roof. Presently, it has some splits and blisters so I have hired a contractor to rework the asphalt. His recommendation is that I should then paint the roof with two coats of solar reflective paint.

Can anyone please suggest the best solar reflective paint for this purpose (and where to buy it) ?

Any tips on applying it would also be welcome.

David

Reply to
Aldrich

White masonry paint? That's what I use on mine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Paul.Piggott

be of help

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul.Piggott

Have you considered making it into an inverted roof? (eg

Peter Parry

Hi,

Also known as aluminium paint, not primer though which is something different.

Eg:

Offline a local decorators merchant should have it

Try and get something that has a bit of elasticity or it could flake off just where you need it the most. Maybe an acrylic would be better:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C