recycled concrete for drainage layer around foundation drain?

Hello,
I'm installing a perforated foundation drain pipe around the perimeter of m y house (digging down to foundation, etc, all around the house). My local material supplier has washed 3/4" gravel for $45/cuyd. He also has 1" Recy cled Concrete for $20/cuyd. Anyone have experience in using RC for a found ation drain layer (covered by filter fabric)? I've read that recycled conc rete may not be completed hydrated and some of the residual cement may bind up when it gets wet, but as long as it keeps its overall permeabiltiy, I d on't care. I'm sure the gravel is a safer/more traditional approach, but c urious if anyone's had any positive/negative experience with the recycled s tuff.
Regards, Theodore
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:31:45 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

l material supplier has washed 3/4" gravel for $45/cuyd. He also has 1" Re cycled Concrete for $20/cuyd. Anyone have experience in using RC for a fou ndation drain layer (covered by filter fabric)? I've read that recycled co ncrete may not be completed hydrated and some of the residual cement may bi nd up when it gets wet, but as long as it keeps its overall permeabiltiy, I don't care. I'm sure the gravel is a safer/more traditional approach, but curious if anyone's had any positive/negative experience with the recycled stuff.

I've never used it, but I have been around plenty of concrete and have never seen old, cured concrete stick to itself or anything else. But even if it did, I don't see that it matters. You have irregular pieces touching each other with lots of gaps in between. The gaps is where the water flows. Even if where they touch, it somehow did bind together, you'd still have all the open air spaces where the water will flow.