Recommend good all around vacuum for carpet/hard floors

Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served me well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I just went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota" bags were available (out of production for years), they were claimed to be comparable to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is laminate flooring.

Thank you

Reply to
Boxhead

I believe there are a lot of good ones around these days. There are also a few great ones, generally at a great price. You may want to check the library and check out the most recent report on them in Consumer Reports. (Note: always read the whole report and do not rely on just the ratings.)

I suggest that you also consider the possibility of a built in system. I installed a built in system in my last home and I put one in my current home as well. Not everyone likes them but they work great for me.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I cannot say what is good, but I can recommend that you avoid the Hoover EmPower. The attachments work fine, and it gets pet hair off a couch quite well. But I have wood floors, and trying to pick up anything other than dust and hair is futile. The spinning brushes on the bottom simply fling the dirt without picking it up. The height adjustment does little to help. Your floor will feel more dirty when you're finished. When I called Hoover to ask about this, they acted as though they didn't understand why this would bother me.

Reply to
Dana John Hill