Recommend a strong glue for fixing a broken metal lamp?

Hi Everyone,
We have a ornamental lamp, much like the old british street lamps much like the one at:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_LbShSVeb-GA/R1Mxvhh9syI/AAAAAAAAAEg/6OdJGoDg1Lc/s320/Station+App+lamp.JPG
we are using it indoors, and it tipped over, with two of the three frames surrounding the lights breaking off.
If I had a very strong metal glue that would withstand heat well, I could dump fill the base of the broken light frames with the glue, and making it much stronger than it originally was. This would allow me to not have it welded. I'm wondering if:
1. Anyone could recommend a strong glue 2. Any other options I have?
Many Thanks, Stephen

http://bp0.blogger.com/_LbShSVeb-GA/R1Mxvhh9syI/AAAAAAAAAEg/6OdJGoDg1Lc/s320/Station+App+lamp.JPG
I would do that with a two part epoxy called JB Weld. It comes in two versions an original and a quicker setting one. Use the original, it will stand the heat of automotive applications. It does not set quickly and you will need to secure the pieces in place whilee it sets. After setting it can be sanded and painted if necessary.
Charlie
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:46:46 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Epoxy (something like JBWeld) will work well for a piece or cosmetic fix, but likely not structurally strong enough. If you can insert an iron rod with the glue, that might work. Probably best to take it to a welder.
Thanks everyone!
Stephen
Phisherman wrote:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_LbShSVeb-GA/R1Mxvhh9syI/AAAAAAAAAEg/6OdJGoDg1Lc/s320/Station+App+lamp.JPG
brazing or welding may be strongest. id use deavcon plastic steel or aluminum putty . jb is good,but the deavcon is much better. gemplers.com sells it.