Recliner Turntable

We have two recliners in the living room; one is on a turntable so you can just spin around but the other has to be manually wrestled around when the focus changes from the television to the fireplace. I'd like to get a turntable to mount the non-turning chair onto but drew a blank at the local hardware, Home Depot and an Internet search.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to find this? All I need is some sort of turntable bearing strong enough to hold a couple hundred pounds. I could attach that to the plywood disk that the chair rests on and mount the whole thing on another piece of plywood.

Thanks for any clues.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

I used to work in a furniture store doing repairs, and did a few of these conversions. Ask a local dealer to order you one. Possibly from the same maker of the recliner. Joe Arnold

Reply to
PhotoMan

Woodworking Supply stores stock hardware to make turntables. I know that

has them.

Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point, WA

Reply to
RWM

I did the same thing. LazyBoy has them in stock....

TP

PhotoMan wrote:

Reply to
TP

Easy and cheap way out and maybe entertaining, too: Go to any weekly junque auction and preview what's for sale. You're sure to find a big old solid chair with all the hardware you need and it will likely not cost you more than a $deuce. Alternatively, garage sales are great and the stuff is usually cheaper and better than the auctions. You bought your big old SUV to haul stuff like this around in, didn't you? Have fun.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Great site, thanks for the tip. I ordered a heavy duty swivel from them this morning and bookmarked the site for future needs.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

No SUV, just a 1984 F-150 for hauling, but you reminded me of an interesting situation. We split wood for the stove to save on the winter heating bills. Every year, we split a few extra cords and sell them to help repay our investment in the log splitter. We don't need the additional chore of delivering firewood, so we advertise pick-up only and give a good discount on the wood. I've noticed that most of our customers seem to be guys with new trucks or SUV's. I think they buy the cheap pick-up wood so they can tell the wife, "See, honey, I told you that truck would pay for itself."

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314