Reccomendations for a Pool Sweep?

due to an unfortunate, er um, misplacement of my pool sweep. we are now in need of a new one. We had a Polaris unit with the 3 wheels and debris bag on top. It was an okay unit, though looking to see what others like.
Thanks, Scott<-

I'm a big Polaris fan. I've had other brands but they always need repair more frequently than the Polaris models.
My all time favorite was the -180. I now have a -360 (no booster pump) and it works fine; it is six years old, runs an average of 5 hours a day, 365 days a year with almost no maintenance other than an occasional hose swivel, and of course tail scrubbers and bags. I did have a belt fail so I replaced the belts, tires, and one bearing this week. It still has the original reversing valve. I don't think you can beat this for reliability.

I have a 180, bought it used 20 years ago. It's still going. Only problem is it gets stuck in the corner by the steps more often then I would like.
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:17:10 -0700, "Scott Townsend"

I have a Hayward unit. Not same as this photo, but a similar one.
rated: 3 out of 5, on 39 reviews.
The link may be to long...
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_and_Patio-Pool_Equipment-Cleaning_Supplies-All-Hayward_Pool_Vac_Ultra_Pool_Cleaner/display_~reviews -- Oren

I also have a Hayward pool vacuum that looks pretty much like the one in the picture. We got it in 2005. It has worked just fine.
Scott Townsend writes:

You can't do better than the Polaris with booster pump. I have an old 180 that requires parts now and then, but just runs and runs. It's helped me through three hurricanes, which is the worst pool mess you can imagine:
http://www.truetex.com/wilma/udsc06355.jpg
http://www.truetex.com/dsc00454a.jpg
Be careful to run it on a timer with minimal duty cycles, because they are power hogs. I metered mine at close to 2 KW in addition to the circulation pump, even though it claims to be a 3/4 HP pump. That adds up fast if you run it more than an hour or so per day:
http://www.truetex.com/poolcontrol.htm#pumps