Reading glasses

Sure, I also have developed an astigmatism over the past few years. Zenni glasses have been great, though their frames are a little "cheap". I can't find lenses as large as I'd like, either, but they're not available anymore locally, either. I like large glasses for computer use, so I don't have to move my head to see the screens.

It's always taken the full two weeks, perhaps into the third. The local guys I go to grind their own, though my insurance won't pay for it so they order them from an optical lab. I'm sure the frames are Chinese, even though they're "designer".

People want to bitch.

Reply to
krw

They ask for a date of your last exam but there is no way they can check it.

I have a pair from the optometrist (lenses every year and frames every other) but all of my spares and special purpose glasses come from Zenni.

Reply to
krw

I've tried exercises. They work. It also helps not to put on glasses at the start of the day.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Higgs Boson

You don't have to read to want to see well, or if you think you do, then that percentage times the percentage who could no longer see well is the fraction who were very happy. Can you imagine how happy they were!

Hey, I read the url and it says an average of 30 or 40%. That's plenty of people. And among some groups it was much higher.

Plus, I said "after". Now, or at least recently, there have been populations that didn't have access to glasses, but then gained access.

Maybe you weren't trying to contradict me. Usenet is so quarrelsome that people who reply to posts are trying to contradict maybe 80 or

90% of the time.
Reply to
micky

85.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

94.3% of all Usenet posts are flames, you big idiot. Everybody knows that, d'uh.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Grainger.com has a full line of safty glasses. They also have bifocals. Check it out.

Reply to
everettcotton

Plain glass.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

Well, if they weren't reading glasses, if I played ball with them, I guess I'd want plastic, but almost all my reading is done when I'm alone, and done very quietly.

Plus I need several pairs, one for each floor, one or two for the car,

2 for the suitcase. My mother only had one pair and I was always going upstairs or downstairs for her to get her glasses. That's not for me.

Thanks, however.

Reply to
micky