Raising washer and dryer

Hi,
I would like to raise my front loading washer and dryer by a signficant amount, e.g. 30". I have an study dining table, but it seems competely unsafe to put them on top of the table since that would make them top heavy. However, what I were to fasten them to the wall with some brackets, could that make it acceptable?
Many thanks in advance,
Aaron

A dining table is not made to support the weight of a washer + the weight of the water + the movement of it all...then there's the dryer. Acceptable, no IMO.
Why not just make a table/platform out of 2x4's and plywood. Fasten that to the wall for the top heavy issue. Keep in mind that when the washer is off balance as they do get sometimes, the wall it's attached to is gonna some shaking. Consider bolting washer to platform top. Washers can "walk" when they are off balance.

I would add that 2x8's be used instead of 2x4's. Make it as sturdy as the floor it now stands on.
Tom G.

Yep. Makes sense. A washer full of water coming down 2 1/2 ft can kill. Go with better than 2x4's. Brace/crossbrace those legs.

Before building a table try raising them a few inches to a foot to see how much they shake and move, I raised mine on wheeled platforms but they can move and rip out the hoses. You will need a braced platform probably bolted to the floor and maybe wall of 2x4.

It begs the question: Why do you need to raise them so high?

Bad back.

.
it will make future service much harder and expensive, might be easier and cheaper to go with top loader, i once saw a top load dryer too

Bad back.
Aaron Fude wrote:

The table would probably hold the weight if it were dead weight. But there is movement in the washer and dryer so you need to brace the legs quite strongly in all directions. Most dining room tables have very little side support. I wouldn't fasten it to the wall unless it's concrete, otherwise the whole house may shake.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8