Raising main truck

I am finishing my basement. I have a main feed truck running down the center of the house. It looks like it can be raised up about 4 inches to snug up against the first floor joists. I need all the headroom I can possibly get. . Can this be done? Any idea on cost (I know this is an unfair question). I am guessing I need some sort of transition boot where the duct would get cut. Would this cut air flow if a transition was put in? I don't have much HVAC experience, but it doesn't seem like this would be a huge job. . Thank you for your time.
"Jack" wrote

Take the tires and rims off.
"main feed truck"?? If you need more headroom, I'd suggest taller tires and wheels, not taking them off.
--
Steve Barker

"Jack" < snipped-for-privacy@jc.net> wrote in message news:KxM9h.375$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe23.lga...
Jack wrote:

Hi, What is truck doing in the basement? Truck needs head room too!

Sure. You can either jack it up on stand, or drive the truck up on a ramp. For 4", you can just park it on cinder blocks laying on their side. Total cost less than 10 bucks.
While driving the truck around the basement, try not to hit the feed trunk for the heater
Spelling error. How about 'main trunk'? Sorry.

Doesn't help. Not me, at least. What are you talking about?
--
Regards,