QuikRete Pre-Mixed "Concrete" Question

Hello,
Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the hole. Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides.
If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed power into the hole, and add water from a watering can to it from the ground level ?
Or, do I have to really mix the water and power into the typical paste before pouring it into the hole ?
Thanks, Bob

There is a mix specifically for pouring into a hole and adding water. The regular stuff must be pre-mixed. You may want to make the hole bigger and fill it though, for best anchorage.
Robert11 wrote:

I been told that you can just dump the mix in the hole. It'll pick up enough moisture from the environment to cure. FWIW

wood post likely rotting causing the looseness..........
there is footing concrete pour in dry mix add water.
specially made for such purposes.
i dont use concrete for poles, it sounds secure but makes impossible top straighten or remove a pole lamp or mailbox. i have had to do all 3:(
dig hole insert post of your choice secure post so it remains straight, add dirt and water. unless your soil is all sand it should be very secure.
i would check post its probably rotted bad and about to fall apart
bob haller wrote:

Or set post in hole on gravel and add crushed gravel around it. Better drainage helps post last.

Yep. That's a common technique for fence posts as well.