question about USG Lightweight All Purpose Joint Compound

Hi, I just picked up a gallon container of USG Lightweight All Purpose Joint Compound
I have used joint compound from USG- the one with a green lid.
I will be using this for filling in some areas on a plaster walls.. This will be used just for plaster.
Can I use this on plaster walls? The container does not say anything about plaster Thanks

Any all purpose mud can be used on plaster walls.

As near as I have been able to find out, the lightweight stuff has some sort of lightweight fill rather than a fine sand in the regular stuff.

*Several guys that I have met on jobs over the years have told me that they mix plaster of paris with joint compound when they patch plaster walls.

Which just makes it set up fast, similar to using Durabond or another setting-type joint compound.