Question about Muratic Acid and Toilet

method.

If roto rooter found tree roots heres another cheap miracle cure, 4 or

5 times a year dump 25 pounds of rock salt or softener in your basement wash tub, add hot water and stir with a board or something. get lots of salt water in the main sewer line, then leave the house for the day so no water is used. ********************************************************************** ******

They did find a few roots, so I will be trying this idea of yours too. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Actually, I had never heard of this until I read several of your earlier threads. When the time presented itself I tried it as noted in my other post. That same toilet was so bad inside the bowl I poured a couple of cups in, brushed and then flush it. Then, the nasty thing could be cleaned by normal methods (G).

-- Oren

Oren

Sounds like therapy I need to perform on my bowl as well, but first -- a question? What will it do to my septic tank??

Thanks for info, Mark

Reply to
Mark Sparge

I honestly dont know. You could pull the toilet and do the job out in the yard.

with dilution 2 cups of acid may or may not cause trouble for your septic.

Reply to
hallerb

Mark, my reasoning says that 2 cups of acid diluted by 500 gallons of sewage would dilute the acid sufficiently to be of no ill effect. I've done this method (apparently too slowly) and when I recently had the madatory tank cleaning the report was 'all's well with the little microbes'.

Reply to
C & E