Question about Muratic Acid and Toilet

Page 2 of 2

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:40:28 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

I have win98 also. That's not the problem. Groups.google and web-search google are mostly text oriented and don't use fancy graphics or fancy html commands. Precisely so everyone can use them. You should ask on the win98 group, not because it is a win98 problem, but because we don't know where the problem is, or on a browser group. IE, which I avoid using more than once every 3 months or so, has a new version that won't run on win98 (but I'm sure the version of Ie that you have is capable of reading groups.google) and FireFox 2 works fine, and there is Netsacpe 7.1 and the new verions 8.1.
microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

mm wrote in message ...

when
group.
new
It's probably my browser, I have upgraded to IE 6, but my machine is pretty full too, not much of the pie left. My newsreader for OE is 4.5 very old, but I like it, so never upgraded it. I do ask lots of questions in the windows 98 group. That's the only reason that I know the little bit that I do know, that and help from people in the groups.
Cheri
Do the advanced search, and specify the newsgroup. Although sometimes it will still mix in other groups. I can't figure out how that works.

mm wrote:

Go to Google, then groups, then "advanced search". You will be able to specify the group (alt.home.repair), date range, sub., etc.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&hl=en &

I know how to specify the group. I recommended it.
I mean that I don't know when or why it sometimes mixes in threads from other groups, EVEN when I specify the group.