Question about airtubs- Specifically tubs by MAAX...thoughts on this brand

Hi, I will be having an airtub installed in my bathroom.. I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with a company called Maax? This will be there Pearl series..

Does anyone know how they compare to American Standard or Kohler? Thanks KOS

Reply to
KOS

What is an airtub?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

A tub for people who hate water. :)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

What is an airtub?

Joe

I looked it up (google) It is a whirlpool type jet tub. I too was wondering. WW

Reply to
WW

I disagree with that characterization. It has forced air bubbling in, rather than the whirlpool-style water-air combo. One of the advantages is that a person can stay in much longer soaking without turning into a raisin by using Epsom salts and not causing degradation to the pump with the salt solution. And it can take up less room because the pump doesn't have to account for as much space as a whirlpool. The air pump can even be in an adjacent room.

Reply to
Michael B

Here are a few comments.

Michael B

Might also look at some of the financial issues at

0004ORDGrantMOJointAdminCases.pdf
Reply to
Michael B

I installed one a few years back and it's a no problems unit. MAAX customer service was also very easy to deal with when I had questions.

That is not a link and Google doesn't recognize any of that string. Revise and resubmit. I know MAAX was acquired a couple of years back, but that's the nature of the world - engulf and devour.

RicodJour

Yeah, it was a PDF of the court documentation for when they went bankrupt.

Reply to
Michael B

Which means pretty much nothing. Chrysler and Harley Davidson, among numerous other name brands, went bankrupt.

RicodJour