PVC pipe buried directly in concrete?

I have a contractor who insists he wants to bury PVC directly in a slab. I know this is wrong... the concrete makes both PVC pipe and cement at fittings brittle, and they fail with the slightest expansion or contraction. I have looked everywhere on the web for a reference to substantiate this, but I can find nothing. Can someone please refer me to such a reference? This is a HUGE issue on this project. Thanks!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:40:55 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Why won't he just go under the slab like everyone else?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tell him to sub duct it in a larger diameter pipe. No problems

Add pictures here
βœ–

First time I am hearing about this regarding PVC. There are expansion couplings available for movement. What kind of conduit do you prefer to use in the slab? I hope it's not aluminum.
You could install the conduit below the slab.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Never had any problems with non metallic conducts encased in concrete duct banks, even a few hundred feet between manholes. Common and done every day.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.networxusa.com/ductbank.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.networxusa.com/utility.htm&h%5&w84&sz &hl=en&start=3&usg=__uLwsHF1_o6AfLRY1RHllX8FGzhY=&tbnid=OWotlppyMEy_wM:&tbnh‚&tbnw3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dduct%2Bbanks%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:28:20 -0700, <Frank> wrote:

He didn't really say "conduit". If a conduit cracked, no real harm. If it is a water pipe, big problem. In a slab the biggest concern might be structural. You will probably end up with a crack that telegraphs the pipe's path
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your comments, and yes, I should have been more specific. The contractor wants to put a 1" water line, regular white PVC for irrigation, buried directly into the slab... there is a LOT of pipe. I told him he needs to sleeve it or wrap it, but that it can't be in direct contact with concrete. He says I am crazy. Do any of you have a code reference, or manufacturers reference, or something I can show this guy?
Bill
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:18:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The answer is quite simple. You are the guy paying the bill and you don't want the pipe in the concrete. The golden rule, the guy with the gold makes the rules.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Fretwell's right; YOU are the one paying for the job and it's to meet your requirements as long as it doesn't violate code.
Now: Have you contacted your own local zoning and code enforcement offices? If not, why not? Thαt is always the logical places to start with; they may have local rules for that exact thing or at least be able to give you info about it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
yeah and it's also against the code for the slab itself i believe.

βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What is the PCV going to be used for?
I have service feeds and first floor water pipes (copper) feeding through PCV in (or through) my concrete slab (my house is 22+ years old).
Add pictures here
βœ–