putting "disposable" Photos on the www?

I think Picasa will do it, but you have to install more software...
so, is there a [simple] website, where I can upload a photo or two, and not install software?
thanks, marc

If it's for posting in this group (or for any other reason I believe but it only works when you make a post), you can upload any number of pictures at this site I'm posting from right now - homeownershub.com - and then just keep using the pic address as a reference. No software, not even an account needed. I'll go look for some sample image to post
Here, found it :)
click to open the full size version of the image
As far as "disposable" - I guess it has to be - I've no idea how to delete it once it's up there. Actually, I don't believe you can, so posting something you may be embarrassed about later may not be a good idea. Never is..
Cheers!
On Mar 27, 11:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Photobucket.com - but only if the images are home repair related since you asked the question in a.h.r. ;-)
On Mar 27, 9:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The website www.picturetrail.com is a free site for posting all sorts of photos. They have a simple uploading procedure and an on-line method of arranging the photos, adding captions, and editing . The enrollment is free, and I haven't noticed any spam or assorted undesireable stuff happening after having used the site for family photos for about 6 months now.

I use this one:
http://tinypic.com/
No registration required and all they ask is you copy coded message to keep crap from bots.
thanks Frank,
TinyPic looks very simple
marc

I've put several pictures there like the latest:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2prznnk&s=6
I note they have a sign in thing and don't know what that is. Maybe space you can go directly to with all your stuff. I've never tried it.
On 03/27/2013 01:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I used to use TinyPic until they kept bugging me for capcodes.
Now I use http://imgur.com and they don't bug me.
As for disposable, nothing on the web is disposable, and can be assumed to exist in perpetuity. However, sites like tinypic and imgur do not require registration, if that is what you meant.
Jon

imgur looks good too Jon,
I only wanted a place to put a pic, or two [or 3] up a couple times a year. Something simple, that I can forget about.
Like showing a picture of a problem, to this AHR group. Many times one picture can be better than trying to explain it.
thanks all marc
you can ignore this post --
just a TEST Upload of 1 photo off my computer, to Imgur
http://imgur.com/igR63KM
marc
Imgur worked great.
No software installation, no registration, simple.
thanks, marc
On 03/28/2013 09:25 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This is alt.home.repair, NOT alt.test.
In the future, please use an appropriate testing group.
Jon
On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:20:31 PM UTC-7, Jon Danniken wrote:

I'll never do it again, SIR!
marc

That's what I'm talking about !!!!! 14
Greg

Why not make things simple, versatile, and lasting by purchasing your own domain. You can go to Misk.com and buy a domain and the related hosting for $35.00 per year. Not only do you have a location to upload your pictures to via FTP, or even create a whole site if you so desire, but you also will have several email accounts (the whole family could use a different one) that will never change as long as you retain the domain. Although I own several domains for business I also own my name (dongares.com) which lets me use snipped-for-privacy@dongares.com as one of my email addresses.
Anyway, just a thought and the cost is less than $3.00/month.
Don (who is not associated with Misk.com)

Many providers such as comcast supply FREE space. FTP and some HTML is required, so that eliminates simple software less uploading request. I like BIG pictures !!!
Greg

Ok, I will show a junk page, since I sold this item. Not sure of current free space.
http://home.comcast.net/~zekor/index.htm
Greg
On 03/27/2013 07:13 PM, IGot2P wrote:

I use a directory on my own website for that. It makes it easy to post photos, like the one of my BBC keyboard assistant, self-installing Retail version at
http://notstupid.us/pix/IMG_0766.JPG
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us