Properly mounting adjustable shower head

I have to mount an adjustable shower head such as the one seen in this picture:

am mounting the output spout onto the existing shower head nipple, which is already centered on the wall. So, that means the pole must be mounted slightly to the left or right of that nipple. The question is: Should the pole be mounted to the side where it will slightly be directed toward the tile wall, or so it's directed toward shower curtain? Or, should I rip out the shower pipe and mount it slightly to one side so the pole is centerd? (that would suck) Thoughts? thanks!

Reply to
GeekBoy

- the only 'should' here would be personal preference. Where do you (or the shower's primary user) normally have the old shower head aimed? I personally keep my shower aimed towards the wall to ward off spraying out should I leave the curtain cracked. Therefore I would probably mount one like this towards the curtain side, so I can aim it towards the wall and still get the best 'coverage' in the shower. If it were mounted to that side, I'd end up with less area for me to stand between th ehead and the wall.

I might even go a little further than just 'slightly' and mount it 3-4 inches off-center.

I am mounting the output spout onto the existing shower head nipple,

Reply to
mwlogs

if its pointed at the curtain (or centered to some extent) you have to make sure the curtain is actually stopping the water from going on the floor. if its pointed at the tile you dont have to worry about it getting the floor wet.

randy

I am mounting the output spout onto the existing shower head nipple,

Reply to
xrongor

Thanks for your great responses. So, mounting the shower head off-center is not a "bad" thing... that's good to know. I think my wife also wants it off to the right (thereby pointing slightly to the left, which is the tile wall side)... and, as you know, what the wife wants... To answer your eariler question, the current shower head setup is perfectly centered on the wall. But now, with the shower bar, it needs to be mounted off-center because the shower head nipple (and pipe behind the wall) is in the way. I need to replace the gooseneck with a regular straight nipple so the fitting can mount to it.

Reply to
GeekBoy