Proper way to clean a wood floor in excellent shape

I have wood floors. I like to walk around the house in socks or bare feet. I vacuum these floors weekly and polish then with Murphy's.
However, after a single day, my white socks are dirty. I even tried washing these floors twice in a single day. It just seems that my socks still get dirty from what ever dirt I am leaving on the floor. These floors are in nice shape and the shine is still on them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much,
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net

Lay off the Murphy's. Too much is no good.
According to most of what I've read on caring for wood floors, Murphy's is actually not a product recommended for them. Here's one such item:
http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/floorcare.htm
Jo Ann
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

With that resume, I'm surprised you are asking. I use Murphy's (soap) on wood furniture and see no signs of dirty residue. Damp mop with clear water and hit it with Murphy's/rinse less often. Got carpet anywhere? Mebbe the carpet is soiled?

Guys,
Thanks for the advice.
I will ty it today.
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

I would reduce the Murphy's use. Damp mop and make sure you change the water often. And damp means damp not wet. You may want to consider the possibility of additional air cleaning. Also add dry moping (which is what you are doing with your socks now.)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Just wear black socks, or maybe an oil residue is left , try a different soap, is your AC running, if so a better filter might help.
I would guess as well that the murphy's is leaving a residue. For almost all wood floors, a lightly damp mop is all you need to make sure they are clean. Keep in mind though that within a short amount of time, the household air will deposit dirt/dust back onto them.
Change socks, they are cleaning the floor for you. Try damp mopping with a little bit of dirt x or even a splash of dish soap. Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:47:13 -0400, "Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC"

Grey socks.
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

Hi I would think that your socks are doing a great job. Because dust do not stick onto a wood floor like those granite or marble does, therefore, the dusts will in fact be cleaned by your socks or your feet.
I do not know much about Murphy, but actually just regular sweeping and damp mopping with clean water would be enough for a wood floor normally.
Michael Ong My Webby: www.gymscms.com
michaelong wrote:

I have heard of great results with a very weak solution of vinegar and water on wood floors. Some people swear by it- do a Google search. DPA