Propane Torch Flame - Cone or no Cone?

I finally got around to buying a trigger activated propane torch - a Bernzomatic TS 3000.

My old brass need-a-spark-to-light-it torch has a single dark blue cone in the center surrounded by a longer lighter blue flame.

The TS 3000 has three small dark blue flames that point away from the center of the nozzle and then the rest of big flame around them. There is no center cone.

Is the TS 3000 broke or just different?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It is merely different. You have multiple parallel "inner cones" of the flame.

Don Klipstein

It's probably a design to make the flame wrap around a pipe for better heating and easier soldering. I use whats called a rosebud tip on my oxy/acet brazing torch. It has a number of tiny jets and the flame from it wraps around the pipe I'm heating.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas