Problem with dripping tub / shower diverter

Hi there,

I've got a dripping tub faucet / shower head diverter which has been progressively getting worse in the last few weeks.

Could this be an easy fix, or is it "call a plumber" time? (I'm a newbie here, and a relatively inexperienced do it yourself person).

The part with the problem is one of those big faucets, with a piece you pull down on the spout of the faucet to divert the water to the shower head.

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
Tamsen

Hi,

Is it leaking through the diverter plug? If so you may need to go to a plumbing supply house with the old one and replace it. it might just need tightened or an O Ring replaced. If it is elaking there or dripping out the faucett though it will need a washer and or valve seat replaced. probably just the washer. To do this you need a valve socket to remove the valve and replace the washer. Make sure you turn the water off and open the valve before you turn it out. I hate to see you pay a plumber so if you can't handle this see if a friend has ever done it pay them a much smaller fee to help you.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7