Priming/Sealing drywall before wallpapering

I did but you don't have the wit to understand it.

Reply to
dadiOH

from that URL: "Summary: Wallpaper adhesive can bond to drywall paper. Drywall that is not primed and sized properly will absorb these adhesives and tear. Drywall repair may be necessary."

I've always heard, and read on labels, sizing is a thin layer of paste applied over a 'sealed' surface, too. Plus, sizing the wall with a thin coat of paste prevents an instantaneous 'drying' of the paste on the paper, thus allowing one to move it around a bit, AND fill in rough surfaces with a very thick layer of gluebehind the paper.

Reply to
Robert Macy

OP, Lots of good info in this thread, also enough bullshit to fertilize a pasture. Go to a real paint store, not Lowes or HD, and tell them what you have and what you are doing. Let them set you up.

Reply to
BonnettDecorating

No, you said nothing relevant. Try again. On second thought...

Reply to
krw

Speaking of illiterate, maybe you'd like to point out where it says to _paint_. Oh wait, it doesn't. Friggin twit!

Reply to
gramps

Prime/paint, same deal. You said nothing about either.

Having been bitten by morons, such as you, I would *always* paint with a high quality paint before papering. Actually, I would never paper, rather leave that for the bottom of your cage.

Reply to
krw

You're correct here, _you're_ the one who said something about both!

It appears you would also like to "shellac based primer under latex". BTW, how'd it feel to have the BM person laugh in your face? Speaking of shellacking, I sure gave you one! LMAO!!!

Reply to
gramps

No need to demonstrate your illiteracy. We got it.

No, now you're just demonstrating how illogical you are, as well as illiterate.

Reply to
krw