Pre-Sale Home Inspection

And how serious WAS what he found??? Was it as bad as he said? Half the time they find things that are not really a problem at all, and miss the big things.

They say "no gfi in the bathroom" in a 50 year old house and completey miss the fact you can almost see through the valley of the roof.

Reply to
clare

In my case, it was mold. Sump pump had died a number of years earlier and backed up during a hurricane. I had a 1950's knotty pine "clubroom" with a built in, attached to the floor, wet bar. I never used the bar or the enclosed cabinets, and apparently the water had gotten into there and remained puddled in there for way too long. Of course, all the buyers needed to hear was the M word and they bailed. And yeah, it was more than the "clean it with bleach" type and took a real live remediator several passes to get air levels back to normal. The second buyer's inspector found the usual GFI, cracks in tiles etc.

Reply to
Lee B