Power take off on blender?

Not really electronics or home repair, but you guys seem the most likely to know.
I have part of a Black and Decker Handy Blender, but not the model that I found with a picture on the web. Suffice to say, it's a blender.
And there is a mini-jack on the base, and it is in parallel with the motor, except there is a small diode in series with the jack. So I guess the jacke would have had about 60 volts DC. What was the purpose of that jack?
(There is also some part I don't recognize in parallel with the diode/jack. It looks like a small diode, but tan and partly made of glass, and the white band is on the same end as the actual diode, and my 9-volt digital multimeter shows the resistance as "infinite" even on the 20 meg scale, in both directions.)
Remove NOPSAM to email me..
It takes 4 diodes (bridge rectifier) to create DC.
My guess is they sell/sold some attachment of some sort which required power.
-Tim
Tim Fischer spake thus:

Not true; one will produce DC, though not as effectively as either 2 (in a voltage doubler) or 4 in a bridge rectifier.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really
Is this blender battery powered?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:18:00 -0500, "Craven Morehead"
No. It plugged into the wall.
(Not just any place on the wall. There had to be an electric outlet.)
:-)

Remove NOPSAM to email me..
mm wrote:

The power takeoff is standard on KitchenAid mixers. There are a whole host of attachments. I'd imagine the blender takeoff is similar, but the electrical jack is a bit odd. No idea what would attach to a blender and require mechanical power and electric.

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. I don't have the whole device, only the base, but I didnt' identify any mechanical connection. Just the electric.
Z, the diode and jack are in series with each other, and the small unidentifed part is in parallel with the two of them together. It's awful small to be a capacitor. It's the same size as those tiny diodes, a mm. in diameter and 1.5 mm in length. And it has that little bit that is clear plastic or glass.
I'll look at the Kitchen Aid appliances if they sell them in stores, and maybe even read the insstruction manual.
Thanks.

Remove NOPSAM to email me..

Now I'm really confused. A blender base with no mechanical connection? Then what is it, basically a power supply?
-Tim

Maybe it's really a charger?
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:44:09 -0600, "Tim Fischer"

--->>blender and require mechanical power and electric.>>

It had a mechanical connection to the thing above it, that it blended. Just none to whatever plugged into the 60 volt jack. Didn't you refer to a possible something that had both? If not, that's what I thought you meant.

Remove NOPSAM to email me..

That wasn't me, but someone did. I think the point was that perhaps something attached to both the mechanical connection you describe, AND the power connection. But none of us are clear on what would need both of these things...
-Tim
Tim Fischer wrote:

Back in the late 60's, a friend of mine had a blender that was a blender, food processer, juice extractor, ice crusher, and God knows what else. It had a whole box of attachments and heads for it. It had enough power to dig post holes if you turned it over. I do remember that it was made in Switzerland. It had a heating unit, (a round plate) that dropped into the knurled collar of the blender and then the plate with the beaters/knives sat on, then the glass jar sat on that. This plate unit had a wire that plugged into a socket on the base. It was used to mix and cook sauces. It even had a push button that when depressed, would cycle the mixing while the heat was on. I almost died when I found out that she paid over $500. for it; a lot of money at the time. We were living in the Bahamas at the time, and she bought it on a trip to Miami at, if memory serves me correct, the Dade County Fair.
This was a high end product, and I believe the OP said this was a Black & Decker. Regards Lee

They sold those here for $20 at one time (not the same model?)
I recall a combination washer and dryer - what a SOB it was - and various other combination devices. Every one was a piece of crap.
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:44:09 -0600, "Tim Fischer"

Oops, sorry. It wasn't you who asked the question. (But it was you who snipped Rocotdjour's statement that I replied to. With his statement in front, my statement was much more clear.)