I assumed the vac was knackered (it was cheap) but I plugged an 800W tool in to check and it worked fine. A 250W sander worked fine too.
Then I plugged an extension lead into the vac with no tool connected to the extension - and it fired up for a fraction of a sec and then shut off.
I'm assuming there's a minimum load for the power take-off to work properly and I've never noticed before because I've never connected such a low-wattage tool. Is that right?
But what's the deal with the extension leads?
Thanks for any help.....